- The Power of Bits
- Structure your Notes
- Add Bits
- Add Notes
- Use the label-menu for quick options
- Use the context menu for formatting
- Working with your Bits
About the Workspace
The Workspace contains your personal Notebooks. You can create as many notebooks as you want. In a Notebook, you can collect different Bits from your Learning Content or create your own Bits. You can write down notes, insert links, upload videos and photos or create your own quizzes.
Edit a Notebook
Create a Notebook
In Get More Brain it is super easy to create a new notebook:
- Click / tap on the Plus-Sign in the bottom-right corner of the Workspace
- Choose “Notebook” from the menu
- Change the name of the new notebook
Change the name
You can change the name of a notebook at any time:
- Click / tap on the dot-menu in the bottom-right corner of a notebook
- Choose “Rename”
- Type in a new name and hit the Return-Key
Remove / add a cover
You can change the cover of a notebook at any time:
- Click / tap on the dot-menu in the bottom-right corner of a notebook
- Choose “Set Cover…” if you want to change the generic cover
- Choose “Remove Cover” if you would like to change it. Repeat step 2 to set a new cover.
You can use an existing image as a cover or create your own cover using Photoshop, Canva or another app. For optimal display, the image has the dimensions 700 x 1000px.
The dot menu of each notebook offers you the following options:
- Choose “Open” to open the notebook. Alternatively, you can just double-click it.
- Choose “Duplicate” to make a copy of your notebook
- Choose “Delete” to remove a notebook. Be aware that it’s gone forever after deleting it.
Add content to your Notebooks
The Power of Bits
Learning content in Get More Brain has a special feature: all content is built from so-called Bits.
You can use these individual Bits for learning. You can copy them into a notebook and add your personal notes. You can also share the Bits with your contacts and work together on the Bits in the Messenger.
If you download a title from the Academy and read it in the Library, you can use individual text passages, images, videos or quizzes as Bits.
If you copy a Bit to a notebook, you can add your own content and notes to it. These notes are also saved as Bits, so you can share your content with others as well.
Structure your Notes
Since a notebook can hold an infinite amount of content, it makes sense to organize it. You have the option to create chapters, which are used to display the interactive table of contents.
💡 Keep the names of the chapters short! This ensures that they are easy to read in the table of contents, even on small screens.
To divide the content into hierarchical sections, you can choose a Level for each chapter:
- The top Level is 1.
- Levels 2, 3, etc. are subordinated
To add a new chapter:
- Click / tap the Plus-Button and choose “Add Chapter”.
- Choose the right Level.
- You can change the level of a Chapter at any time by clicking on the title.
Your own notes and annotations are stored in Get More Brain as individual Bits, just like all content. This makes it possible to share your notes in the Messenger or easily move individual parts of your notes back and forth between Notebooks.
To add a new Bit to your notes, you simply click / tap the Plus-Sign and choose “Add”.
When clicking / tapping on the Plus-Sign you can add different Bits to your Notebook. Most of the Bits are self-explanatory. As an example let’s have a closer look at the possibilities of the Notes-Bit, which in most cases helps you to capture your content.
Use the label-menu for quick options
When you add a notes-bit to your notebook, a colored area appears where you can paste text. As soon as you start writing, you’ll see a text-label on the right of the current section. Click on the label to change the function of the section. Every section can be:
- a title to start a new note.
- a subtitle to further organize the note.
- a simple text to write down your ideas.
As a fourth option in the label-menu, you can delete the section.
⚠️ You will see these label menus quite often when working in a notebook. These menus give you access to the most important options for a selected object. For example: When you insert an image, the label menu gives you the option to align the image or make it zoomable.
Use the context menu for formatting
As you select a specific word, sentence or paragraph, a context menu appears. You can use this menu to format your text:
- … more options (see below)
💡 The eraser-icon removes any formatting of the selected text.
If you click / tap on the tree dots in the context menu, you get even more options to format your text:
- make it a title (as in the label-menu)
- make it a subtitle (as in the label-menu)
- use it as plain text (as in the label-menu)
- make a list
- convert the text to code
- insert a mathematical formula (with a special editor)
- convert the text to a clickable link
- insert an image from your device
- add a section with a different background
- use subscript
- use superscript
Working with your Bits
Besides the label-menu and the context menu, you will find a third menu in the notes-bit. Actually, you will find a dot-menu in the upper-right corner of every bit, where you can find different possibilities to work with a bit.
- Add to basket: the basket helps you collect multiple Bits. Think of it as an internal clipboard. In the Messenger, you can send all Bits of your current basket to one of your contacts. Or you can drop all Bits of your Basket in any notebook.
- Send…: sends the current bit to one of your contacts
- Save to another Notebook…: this creates a copy of the current bit and drops it in another notebook. You can select an existing notebook or create a new one on the fly.
- Add Bookmark: add a bookmark to get back to the current Bit.
- Add Favorite: mark the current Bit as a Favorite.
- Add Note: add a comment to the current Bit.
- Add Scribble: add a handwritten note to the current Bit
- Copy: copy the current Bit to the clipboard to paste it on another location
- Cut: cut the current Bit to the clipboard to paste it on another location
- Copy Link to this Bit: instead of copying the Bit you can copy the link to the current bit. Send this link to anybody in an email, a message, a Social Media-Post or a Slack-Notification. Anybody who knows the link can access your current Bit in Get More Brain.
- Delete: delete the current Bit
While you can add your personal notes Bit by Bit, uploading a PDF is a good starting point to continue the work on a notebook. Create a PDF from an existing content and create a new notebook with it.
Generate and upload PDFs from:
- Text documents: Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Pages, …
- Slideshows: Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, Keynote, …
- Graphics: Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, …
- InDesign, Affinity Designer, …
- Notion, Obsidian, Roam, OneNote, …
- Emails, Messages
Just drop a PDF on the “Upload PDF”-field or click / tap on the field to choose a PDF from your device. Get More Brain converts the PDF into a new Bit-based notebook, which you can enrich with your own notes and other Bits.
Check your current basket
In addition to your notebooks, you will also find the reference to your current basket in the Workspace. Click / tap on the basket icon to see all Bits that are currently in your basket.
Of course, you can search your workspace for content. Enter a search term in the dialog box. Get More Brain shows you all matching content in your notebooks.