- About the Library
- Reading content
- Use the table of contents
- Use the search function
- Sharing Content: What this means for your learning
- Sharing single Bits
- Add to Basket
- Save to Notebook…
- Add Bookmark
- Add Favorite
- Add Note
- Add Scribble
- Copy Link to this Bit
About the Library
In the library, you’ll find all the titles and learning content you’ve downloaded or purchased from the Academy. All the content you need for you and your learning journey at your fingertips! Open a title in the library and start learning. You can read, watch, listen, highlight, annotate, and edit learning content.
Since the learning content in Get More Brain is built very modular, you can share individual content with your contacts or save it to a personal notebook.
If you want to read and edit your learning content, just click / tap on the corresponding book or course. Now the reader of Get More Brain opens, and you can fully focus on the content.
To close the reader, click / tap on the close-button in the upper-left corner. This will take you back to the Library.
Use the table of contents
To give you a better orientation, you can always refer to the table of contents while reading.
- Click / tap on the Icon of the sidebar in the top-right corner
- The table of contents opens with the current chapter and all subheadings
- Use the up arrow to jump to the previous chapter
- Use the down arrow to jump to the next chapter
- Click / tap on the title of the current chapter to open a jump list with all chapters.
- Click / tab on a specific header to be directed to the corresponding content.
Use the search function
Next to the icon of the table of contents, you find an icon of a magnifying glass. Click / Tap on it to start a search. This is the fastest way to find any content withing the title you are currently reading.
- Click / Tap on the icon of the magnifying glass in the top-right corner
- Enter a keyword and press / tab ‘Return’
- Get More Brain shows you all results with a rich preview
- Use the Dot Menu of every result to ‘find the content in the book’
💡 Use the filter button to narrow your search. You can search for very specific bits — such as images, videos or quizzes. ‘Show all’ deletes the set filters.
Sharing Content: What this means for your learning
In Get More Brain, you can share content with others. You can also copy individual content to your notebook and add your own content there. This sounds obvious, but it’s not!
When you read a printed book while learning, you don’t have this option. If you want to share content with someone, you have to re-write it or scan it by taking a picture. Even if the book is available as an e‑book, it is often difficult to copy individual elements of the content from the e‑book and use them in another app.
In Get More Brain, sharing content is explicitly allowed. For us, it is the core of learning that you continue to work with content, discuss it with others, add your own thoughts and ideas to it. That’s why the content in Get More Brain is modular. You don’t have to copy an entire chapter. You can use and work with individual passages, images, videos or quizzes.
💡 You may wonder about copyright protection. Don’t worry, we’ve taken care of that: if you share a piece of content in Get More Brain with someone who doesn’t own the title, he or she will be taken directly to the Academy, where the title can be purchased. Only then can the shared content be edited.
Sharing single Bits
All learning content in Get More Brain is very modular. You can share individual sections, images, videos or quizzes with your learning partners or save them in your personal notebooks. There you can add your own content or make detailed notes.
To work with a single content bit, click on the small black dot at the top right of each module. A context menu opens, which offers you different possibilities.
- Go to the Dot Menu of a Bit
- Choose ‘Send’ or ‘Save to Notebook’
- Choose a Contact or a Notebook to send the bit to
The dot menu of every bit gives you multiple options to work with a bit:
Add to Basket
Collect multiple Bits to a Clipboard / Basket and use them in you Notebook or in the Messenger
Send a single Bit to one of your contacts.
Save to Notebook…
Save a single Bit to one of your notebooks.
Add a Bookmark to easily find the Bit again later.
Add a Favorite to mark important Bits.
Add a Note to annotate a bit.
Add a freeform scribble to the bit
Copy a single Bit to use it elsewhere.
Copy Link to this Bit
Copy the link to a single Bit to use it elsewhere.
Sharing multiple Bits
If you want to send not just one bit, but several to one of your contacts or transfer them to a notebook, Get More Brain has a handy feature for that: the Basket.
- Go to the Dot Menu of a Bit
- Choose ‘Add to Basket’
- Go to another Bit and repeat the steps
This way you can store as many individual Bits as you like in the basket, a kind of clipboard. The Bits are saved one after the other. You can also merge Bits from different learning contents in the basket.
After you have filled the basket, you can check the contents of the basket by clicking on the sidebar / on the table of contents. In the upper-right corner, you can see how many objects are currently in the basket.
- Click / Tap on the button to view the current contents of your Basket
- Use the dot menu of every Bit to perform some actions
- Use the menu in the top-right corner to:
- Send all Bits in the Basket to one of your Contacts
- Save all Bits in the Basket to a Notebook
- Empty the current Basket
Add a text highlight
As in almost every screen reader, you can mark important parts of the text with color.
- Select the text you want to colorize.
- Select the highlighter icon in the popup menu.
- To remove the highlight, click / tap the icon again.
💡 Instead of just marking a text with colors, you can add an annotation (Bookmark, Favorite, Note). The selected text will be copied to the annotation.
Create and edit annotations
When reading or watching your content, you can create Notes, Favorites and Bookmarks. These remain stored with your content.
Bookmarks are important to remember the exact location of a specific Bit. You can build your own Table of Contents with your Bookmarks. You can add a comment. Every Bookmark has its own Dot Menu where you can change the color or delete the Bookmark.
If you like a content, you can add a Favorite to the specific Bit. The Favorite appears in your content. You can type in a brief comment. Every Favorite has its own Dot Menu where you can change the color or delete the Favorite.
If a Favorite with a brief comment is not enough to write down your thoughts, you can use a Note.
In a Note, you can place longer texts. You can create lists and work with titles. You can even insert images into your note. Every Note has its own Dot Menu where you can change the color or delete the Note.
💡 Favorites, Notes and Bookmarks are convenient tools to annotate your learning content. That said, there is another way to create annotations. You can copy one or more bits into a personal Notebook. You can also use annotations there. But you have many more options because you can also create and add your own content in your Notebooks. It’s also possible to share notes from your Notebook with your Contacts. This feature is not offered by the simple Favorites, Notes and Bookmarks in the Library.
You can add a freeform scribble to a bit. This works best on a convertible / tablet with a pencil.
See all your Annotations
Use the sidebar to see all your favorites, notes and bookmarks. From there, you can jump directly to the places in the content where you made the annotation.
- Click / Tab on the icon of the table of contents in the upper-right corner.
- Open the jump list by clicking / tapping on the name of the current chapter.
- On the bottom of the list you find links to see your Bookmarks, Favorites and Notes.
- Choose one of them and see the list of all your annotations.
- You can filter the list by color.
- Click / Tap on one specific annotation to jump to its location in the content.